Specialist Support for Service and ex-Service Families
When fully operational
By establishing a web-based, nationwide network of HCPC registered Health & Social Care Professionals, who have experience of military life or an interest in learning about it’s impact, Purple Initiative will:
- Provide early intervention to members of the Armed Forces Community (serving, veterans, reservists & their families).
- Provide specialist support to external organisations who employ members of the armed forces community, ie fire brigade, ambulance service, police forces, NHS trusts etc
- Offer a referral mechanism for those seeking specialist support for a member or family member of the armed forces community ie citizens advice, GPs, police forces (for those in custody), healthcare trusts, housing associations, local authorities, other charities (including military charities)
- Provide an holistic approach to those in need ie consider the financial, practical, physical and emotional needs of the entire family
- Provide a local service to local families
- Provide peer to peer support
- Offer consultation via newsletter, members area and directory, offer training arrange conferences…..
Initially, registration will be free of charge for practitioners, whilst we build the community and the practising membership. Once we have a bank of practitioners registered with us, we will launch the service to end users, who will be able to search our online directory for a practitioner in their locality.