Specialist Support for Service and ex-Service Families
Four generations of my family, including both my parents, have served in the Royal Navy. One of our nephews is currently serving as an RN helicopter pilot.
Having gained 8 years’ experience working as a Social Worker in hospitals, helping people cope with major loss and change including birth and death as well a chronic illness and disability, I continued my career within the Ministry of Defence as a Civilian Naval Social Worker with the Naval Personal and Family Service from February 1995 until November 2005. I then spent a further 6 years before retirement working with adults in a rural community. I retired from the social work profession this year.
Special interests include Support for Carers, Cognitive Issues, Service Development and Bullying.
- MA (Hons) Russian Studies 1972 University of Aberdeen
- CQSW and CASS 1987 University of Bristol
- PQ1 2005 Caledonian University
- Certificate in Colour Life Coaching, Iris School of Colour Therapy 2013
- Extensive training over the years has included Living with Aids, Suicide Prevention, TeleCare, Continuing Care, Chairing Complex Meetings, Business Start Up etc.