Specialist Support for Service and ex-Service Families
Nigel joined the Royal Navy in 1986 aged just 16 years originally from Darlington in Co Durham, coming from a family background in the armed forces through his father and one brother who served in the Army and another brother in the Royal Navy. His initial 13 years were predominantly spent at sea as a communicator throughout the UK and abroad.In 1999, Nigel transferred to the Naval Personal and Family Service and Royal Marine Welfare branch (Royal Navy Social Work Department), where he qualified as a professional Social Worker and spent his time working with service personnel, their families and dependants. A large part of this was spent supporting the serving personnel and their families as a direct result of the Afghanistan conflict.
In 2013, Nigel decided that it was time for a change and ended his naval career after 28 years in May 2014. Nigel now a veteran, works as an Independent Social Worker and is keen to utilise his knowledge of military welfare to continue working with and supporting, serving personnel and the ever growing veteran community.
Nigel’s wife, Amanda, has now joined the team in an operational capacity; Amanda has a plethora of experience, in operations, customer service and project management, in both the public and private sectors.
- BA(Hons) Vulnerable Adults and Community Care Assessment – Bournemouth University (2011)
- PQ 1 – 6 in Professional Social Work – Bournemouth University (2005)
- Diploma in Social Work – Open University (2003)
- Graduate Certificate in Practice Education – Bournemouth University (2012)
- Diploma in Management – Wiltshire and Somerset Colleges Partnership (2007)
- Professionally registered with the Health Care Professionals Council
- HCPC registration number SW20296
- School for Social Entrepreneurs Fellowship (2015)